So those of you that follow me on IG and FB know how much i just LOVE my salads!!! And SUMMER time is the best time for them! They are so relish, refreshing, and you can make all sorts of themes!!! I thought I would post s few tips to help you guys come up with your own #sexysalds!
- First, choose your greens! I like to mix mine up… So i’ll do arugula, baby kale, and romaine usually! Other options Spinach, Spring mix, Butter lettuce, etc… Mixing different kinds together adds MORE flavor!
- Next, pick ur theme… Asian, Mexican, Plain jane, or just a big random salad! I almost always go w Mexican!
- Dressing…. NEVER use bottled dressing! Just wasting calories on unwanted fats and processed ingredients. I like to use ACV or Balsamic vinegar. You can also top ur salads w Salsa, Lemon/lime squeezes, cholula hot sauce, pico de gallo, mustard! Walden Farms also has a variety of dressings to choose from but be careful to only use them in moderation… They do contain a lot of artificial ingredients… but everything in moderation, I always say!
- ADD your veggies!! Things like, zucchini, pepperocinis, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions are all low cal options that you can throw on and it will FILL YOUR BELLY UP!
- For carbs, I like to go w beans and/or corn. My fave beans would be Chick peas, black beans, and edamame… (not sure if thats a bean LOL) You could also throw in some carrot shavings!
- Now DONT FORGET UR PROTEIN!!! This happens to me ALL the time!!! I make a delicious salad and get all caught up and forget the protein!!! Let me just say that everything tastes great w a salad!!! Try some thinly sliced flank steak, shrimp, chicken breast, extra lean turkey, or extra lean ground beef! You could even do tuna!
- Every meal is NOT complete without your HEALTHY FATS! Avocado slices totally make a salad!!! Also for your dressing, add about a 1/2 tb of olive or avocado oil… I like to use the Flavor infused oils!
- Finally, totally optional, but you could add some Shredded fat free cheese!! about a 1/4c is a good option!
Anyway theres TONS of options and variations!! Things i didn’t even list! But hopefully this will help give you some ideas and new options to try!
Remember to #sexysalds on IG!!!