Abs come and go as easily as the days go by!!! They are by far, at least for me, the hardest muscle to maintain! Sure my abs muscles don’t just flutter away, but sometimes they just disappear…. OVERNIGHT!!!! The key to abs is not crunching away at the gym, but instead it is mainly ALL DIET!!!! You as an individual will notice what sorts of foods will enhance them or make them disappear. Some ppl do well w High carbs and they’re abs RAGE! others seem to get better results when they have lower carbs and a higher fat content in their diet… That being said, there are still some general guidelines to follow that will help you achieve and maintain that Sexy Summer 6-pack!
1. Avoid ALL artificial sweeteners!!! They cause bloating and water retention.
2. Delete ALL sugars from your diet! Its ok to keep a healthy portioning of fruit but make sure to measure and not just mindlessly munch away at it!
3. Drink a FULL GALLON of water a day! This will help you flush out all toxins and help w water retention.
4. Focus on keeping good posture and tightening ur core when ur at work sitting or standing!
5. End your workouts with a quick ab routine everyday and make sure to change it up!
6. DO WEIGHTED abs!!!! Most ppl avoid weighted abs thinking it will make them bulky, etc… NO! If you want that chiseled defined look you must incorporate some weighted ab exercises.
7. Make sure to work all parts of your abs! Lower, Upper and overall core strength!
8. Plank everyday!!!
9. Eat 6 small meals a day to keep your metabolism moving and burning fat!
10. Incorporate a healthy dose of cardio into your workout routine!
MY TOP 5 Ab Exercises:
- Cable Crunches
- Leg Lifts (Lying and Hanging)
- Decline Crunches
- Ab Roller