Yes, we all experience it one time or another, but for some of us it’s a constant almost every day battle… It definetely was for me. I’ve made a lot of changes in my diet that have pretty much cured me of all bloating! Here’s a few tips on how to keep it in check and ways to help reduce it.
- First, whether you’re lactose intolerant or not, cutting dairy will aid with bloating. these days all dairy products are just filled with too many chemicals and are overly processed in order to mainaitain higher shelf lifes, that many have just had to cut them out of their diets completely. Try Almond milk!! It’s delicious!
- Of course, avoid all sodas and carbonated beverages.
- Another culprit, Artificial sweeteners and products that contain them like Walden Farms will cause bloating and make you crave more sweets =0
- Chewing gum can cause some bloating because you end up swallowing more air.
- Salt and Sodium should be avoided at all times! This will def cause extreme bloating! Sometimes it’s in unsuspecting foods too… Like frozen foods, chips, and on the rim of your margarita or beer!
- Alcohol! The morning after you make think you’ve totally dried up and lost 5 lbs, but once you put some liquids or food back in your belly you just end up getting huge and bloated!
So those are the biggest contributors to bloating… Here’s a few ways to help relieve or prevent it!
- WATER! Drink at least a gallon of water a day.
- Add lemon to your water.
- Make a lemon cucumber water blend by slicing up a lemon or two and one cucmber. Drop all the slices in a gallon of water and let steep in the fridge overnight. Then drink the whole thing the next day! you can also add mint leaves and ginger!
- Green Tea. I drink 2-4 cups of tea everyday!
- Detox Tea. In the tea aisle, you’ll be able to find blends of detox teas that help with water retention.
- Dandelion Root. You can drink this as a tea or take them as pills
- Cellucor’s L2 is great for releasng all that extra water weght!! It is not something you can take everyday, but it works, and is perfect for just before a competition, photo shoot, or even vacation! You can get it on their website cellucor.com and use promo code KPOW for 20% off and FREE shipping.
Hopefully this helps keep you on track. You can’t always prevent it, but by eliminating the foods above and detoxing regularly, you should find that your bloating will get better and less frequent.
EAT. TRAIN. LIFT. It’s a lifestyle!